10 ways to promote a resume
Method number 1. Specialized sites.
This method will allow you to post your resume, but also to receive regular information about new vacancies in your area of interest. The most popular and visited are the following sites: hh.ru, job.ru, superjob.ru, rabota.ru.
In addition to these, there are many other sites and specialized portals. Exercising your choices, please note not only the attendance of the resource, but also on its specialization, as well as to the level of vacancies. If the site allows, be sure to add a photo, and don't forget 1-2 times a week to update the date of your summary!
Method number 2. Social networks.
Using "the Law of six degrees of separation", you'll get the opportunity to meet with completely different people, and among them may be your future employer! Write to friends about. what you are looking for work, please indicate this in the "status". You must inform about your task the maximum number of people. By the way, not the superfluous will clean the "wall" that comes from the heart, compromising, working against you, and to make business image of the photo.
Method number 3. Professional communities.
The most suitable for this purpose are services such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, business community Professionalise and others. The data community is created mainly for business communication, and it is in their virtual space, the employer and the candidate can easily find each other. To speed up this meeting, you must do the following:
- Much detail to fill out your profile. Pay special attention to such topics as "Education", "Qualification", "Previous job", "Foreign languages". The more information about yourself you post, the more chances that you will notice.
- Become an active member of the specialized group. In any social network you can easily find like-minded people and will be able to join them as a member of the group. Success in finding a job in this way activity! Post in the group your notes, comments, Express opinions, ask questions, in General, demonstrate your professionalism! Every day, hundreds of HR managers are viewing such groups, so this resource is very important to use.
- Create a professional portfolio. If the employment sites significantly limit the candidate to demonstrate their achievements, forcing to stick to a specific template, the social network, in this sense, the possibilities are endless. Be sure to use them, especially if you are a representative of a creative profession.
- Keep track of the news and interesting companies in which you would like to work. Now, many organizations have profiles on social networks and business communities. If you follow the news, you get the chance to be the first to know about the vacancy. Also, there is a possibility to get acquainted with the person making the decision about employment and ask for an interview. Of course, the familiarity of HR RA candidate is not a guarantee of instant employment, but the "human factor" has not been canceled! Professional communities exist outside of the Internet. If you live in a fairly large village centre, to find a community and participate in it will not be difficult. "Live" communication with colleagues increases the chances of finding a good job several times.
Method number 4. Recommendations.
As I said above, it is necessary to inform the maximum number of people that you are in search of work. Someone from your friends, relatives, acquaintances, colleagues at his former job, former teachers might know about a job opening that might interest you. Do not be lazy to call them all!
Method number 5. Recruitment agencies.
Contacting a recruitment Agency is not only an opportunity to find another source of vacancies, but also to practice the interview. Don't just send a resume, a personal visit is much more effective. You will be able to communicate with experts, learn about available jobs and also get a number of tips for subsequent communication with the employer.
And another important factor: according to statistics, after passing the probationary period, employers are more reluctant to part with workers for whom they paid a recruitment Agency. Other things being equal, companies would rather say good-bye to candidates who came "from the street".
Method № 6. Employment and labor exchange centers.
You can interact with the employment centers and labour exchanges. You can register and qualify for certain benefits. You can get more education, to go through certain trainings and courses at the expense of the exchange. And you can just leave your resume, establish contact with the worker specific center. Since the access to the job, basically, free, you can use this to write all of that wondering.
Method № 7. Announcements about vacancies.
Many job seekers somehow forget that, in addition to sites of employment, there are many other ways of recruitment. HR specialists advertise job openings in Newspapers and magazines, on radio and TV, on billboards and on the Windows of buses, on billboards and leaflets, which are distributed to the promoters. Companies post ads about vacant vacancies in the Windows of offices or shops, put on glasses corporate transportation.
You can make a list of such job sources and regularly track the appearance of new offers.
Method number 8. Own announcement.
Your own ad posted across various sources will allow you to more extensively cover the labour market. Analyze where I recruit HR –ry. That's where you should place your ad. That and the free classifieds on the Internet, contextual advertising, and popular Newspapers. Moreover, many Newspapers and magazines now duplicate ads on their websites.
Method number 9. Job fairs.
Such events are usually held twice a year: in spring and autumn. Are fair General profile and specialized: for women, for students, for people with disabilities. Participation in this event is a great way to show off and to find a job quickly. However, be aware that the Top jobs at the fairs, as a rule, are not offered.
For effective participation it is necessary:
- Bring a few copies of the resume;
- rehearse self-presentation;
- be prepared for an interview;
- show activity: approach the representatives of companies, ask questions, talk about themselves.
Method number 10. Cold calls.
This method is the following: you carefully prescribed image of the company, which would like to work. Then, using the Internet or reference companies comprise a list of organizations that match the image. And start making phone calls, figuring out if there are suitable vacancies. If not, you may be asked to send a resume for the future, and if there is – to interview. In any case, such self-candidates stand out from the crowd, they have a high priority.
So, you got acquainted with ten ways to promote your resume. Which ones will you add to your piggy bank? Which ones will you start right now?
I wish you luck and remind you that success comes to those who believe in themselves and act!
Recent Questions on the Expert Forum
- that for me it is better (without consequences) to close the firm or the fraud of me-the owner and address?
Good day! Thinking with my husband about opening a store of sweets and confectionery products from natural products and natural chocolate, like Swiss. The question is, what kind of mistakes can novice businessmen make?
How to make work at home as productive as possible
Those who have already encountered work at home, know perfectly well: to concentrate at home is much harder, after all.