What is introductory training at work?
The procedure for training occupational safety in the enterprise
The introductory briefing should be carried out by all employed persons, as well as temporary workers and employees of other enterprises, work performed at an established site, students of relevant levels of educational institutions undergoing practical training, and other persons involved in organizational production activities.
The introductory instruction is conducted by an occupational health and safety technician or an employee who has been entrusted with these duties by order of the employer. In large enterprises, appropriate specialists may be called upon to conduct specific sections of the introductory briefing, for example, medical workers, fire department, etc.
The introductory instruction is carried out according to a specially established program established on the basis of legislative and other regulatory acts of the Russian Federation, taking into account the individual activities of the enterprise and approved by the employer in the prescribed manner.
As a rule, introductory instruction is carried out in the occupational safety area or in a specially equipped place using modern teaching aids and clear manuals (posters, models, mock-ups, films, etc.).
The briefing process should include:
- familiarization of personnel with existing harmful and unsafe production factors;
- the study of all safety and labor protection requirements written in the organization’s local regulatory acts;
- instructions on labor protection, as well as technical and production documentation;
- The use of methods and techniques for the production of works that do not harm the employee.
The briefing on labor protection is completed by an oral examination of the knowledge acquired by the worker who conducted the briefing.
A detailed list of questions for drawing up an introductory briefing program is provided in Appendix 3 of GOST 12.0.004-90 - “Organization of Occupational Safety Training”.
On the briefing, an entry is made in the registration journal of the introductory brief with the required signature of the instructor and instructor, as well as in the document of employment. Along with the magazine, you can use a personal card to receive training.
The introductory briefing must be recorded in the log book without fail:
- in the academic - work with students involved in extracurricular activities;
- in the worker - the work of the head of the enterprise, working teams, etc.