Several rules for writing a resume
1. The standard size of the abstract should not exceed one A4 page in printed form. It can be more if it is important for the competitor to specify information that will increase the chances of admission to the desired position. It is not necessary to list all courses and trainings if they are badly correlated with labor functions. Such data can be specified in a direct interview for greater effect.
2. You do not need to clutter your resume with a large number of work places, especially if the experience for each place does not exceed a year.
3. Summary - this is not an autobiography from birth to today. Certain points are important to the employer. That is, the summary should be structured.
4. The resume should be literate. Text with a large content of grammatical errors causes an involuntary negative and distrust. You can always check the text for errors on your computer. Through the Internet, it is possible to check free texts for spelling.
5. Having a photo. In most cases, such summaries are welcome. Only it is necessary to observe several rules. Do not put a picture from any party. Let it be a photograph on the passport. If you fill out a resume in the personnel department, you can attach a photo, attaching it with a paper clip.
The summary is built from several standard items, the content of which will facilitate the selection among applicants.
1. It is necessary to start a resume with personal information, that is, the name is completely prescribed.
2. The purpose of writing a resume. Here is meant the post, which the applicant is counting on. It is possible to specify several vacancies at once, which are of interest to the candidate. And also the desired salary.
3. Applicant's data: date of birth, place of residence, contact information, e-mail address, if any, and marital status.
4. Education. In this section, you must provide information on the education received, placing the sub-items in the reverse order. In the end, you can specify an additional education, which includes courses, trainings, participation in special programs and competitions.
5. Work experience. Indicate all the places of work, and in reverse chronological order. Begin with the last job. This item should contain:
- work period,
- name of the position held,
- functions in this position and information about the work performed
A big plus in this case will be if in this paragraph will be recorded achievements of a professional nature. For beginners, it is desirable to specify as many work places as possible, to focus on courses and success in studies, and not forget about the practices that have been passed. All information should be submitted strictly and concisely, only the facts that it is desirable to confirm documentarily.
6. Additional information. Here it is possible to specify information that will add a positive opinion about the candidate for the position. You can safely say:
- knowledge of foreign languages (with or without a dictionary);
- availability of driver's license, category,
- level of computer knowledge, knowledge of certain computer programs,
- attitude towards business trips,
- other skills that may be of interest to the employer,
- hobbies (it is not necessary to indicate extravagant hobbies, they can alienate the employer).
7. Cover letter and letters of recommendation from previous places of work. This item can be omitted if the information does not serve to improve the opinion of the applicant. 8. The final item is the date of writing the resume.
If nevertheless there were small problems with independent drawing up of the resume, it is always possible to take advantage of ready forms on the Internet. Preparation of the resume must be approached with all seriousness, as an excellent resume is a great chance to get the desired position.Good luck in your search!