How to read blueprints
1. Reading the drawing should begin with a study of the main types, rules, methods of applying to paper objects of various shapes and sizes on the plane, as well as conventional values and standards that any drawing must withstand during its design. It is necessary to learn the processing technology of the relevant products.
2. To read the drawings correctly, you need to follow the exact sequence of actions to read it:
- The study of the contents of the main inscription on the drawings. With this record you can easily understand the name of the parts, the material used for their manufacture, the scale of the drawing.
- Definition of images with which the details of the drawings were presented.
- Analysis of the image drawing. Presentation of the form of parts or products. If you can’t see the part right away, you can mentally divide it into several component parts and try to present their geometric shape.
- The study of the size of the part - a representation of its size.
Familiarity with the drawing will allow you to present the details depicted on it: how they interact, on what basis they are located, and much more. Careful reading of the inscription of the drawings will not only find out the name of the product, calculate the scale, the number of identical parts for production, the mass of the product, but also consider all the details depicted on it that will allow you to more accurately represent the future shape of the product in a finished form, taking into account all requirements and standards.
3. Now it is necessary to get acquainted in detail with all the dimensions of the products, which are shown in the drawing, in order to establish the permissible deviation from the established dimensions of the parts.
4. Finally, it is necessary to establish the type of surface cleanliness of all elements of the product in order to further, based on the information obtained during the reading of the drawing, to present all stages of production and processing of the product on each cycle, and also to analyze how this product or part will be applied in or in the final product, what purpose will fulfill, under what conditions will the product be operated, and according to what principle will it work.