How to achieve a salary increase
Thinking about obtaining an increase, it is necessary to take into account such factors:
- whether the level of your professionalism corresponds to the desired salary;
- how well you carry out your duties;
- whether you are a responsible and valuable employee;
- Do the bosses treat you well?
- your current salary is equal to the average income level of workers of the same qualifications in other enterprises and firms;
- Does your organization have the material means to increase the salary.
If you are absolutely sure that you deserve a salary increase, but this does not happen, you need to take decisive action.
How to independently achieve a salary increase?
First of all seriously prepare for a conversation with your superiors. With this issue it is better to approach your boss directly, who will be able to work for you at the meeting.
It is important to speak with validity and with certainty, mention the important points:
- compliance of the current salary with the level of your professionalism;
- income that the firm receives through your activities;
- the average salary in the labor market for your specialization (if it is higher);
- the additional work that you are doing;
- personal qualities, such as initiative, responsibility, punctuality, diligence.
These actions can achieve the desired result and earn the respect of the superior, demonstrating himself as a qualified specialist.
The most common mistakes are complaints about difficult life and threats to quit. You can not ask or impudently demand money. You are an indispensable employee. Prove it.