How to achieve a pay rise
When thinking about getting a raise, you need to consider the following factors:
- Is your level of professionalism at the desired salary;
- how well you perform your duties;
- Are you a responsible and valuable employee;
- whether the administration treats you well;
- your current salary corresponds to the average income level of workers of the same qualification in other enterprises and firms;
- whether your organization has the material means to increase salaries.
If you are sure that you deserve a salary increase, and this does not happen, you must take decisive action.
How to independently achieve a pay rise?
First of all, seriously prepare for a conversation with the authorities. With this question, it is better to approach your boss directly, who will be able to plop for you at the meeting.
It is important to speak reasonably and with confidence, to mention important points:
- Compliance with the current salary level of your professionalism;
- The income that the company receives through your activities;
- The average salary in the labor market for your specialization (if it is higher);
- additional work you do;
- personal qualities, such as initiative, responsibility, punctuality, diligence.
These actions can achieve the desired result and earn the respect of the boss, by demonstrating that you are a qualified specialist.
The most common mistakes are complaints about a difficult life and threats to quit. You can not ask or brazenly demand money. You are an indispensable employee. Prove it.