How to find a job after a long break
After a long break in employment, it is always difficult to find a new job, and it is quite possible that the process of finding the next job will not be as fast as we would like. Therefore, at the beginning of this journey, you need to decide in advance how you will explain the prolonged period of “rest”.
The main good reasons that are used to explain the break in work
Usually long breaks in work can be justified by the following reasons:
1. Family circumstances. This reason is considered valid for a woman, because according to the law she is entitled to care for a child until she reaches 7 years of age. For a man, such a justification of a break in seniority will look doubtful.
2. Unsuccessful searches. One of the most frequently used explanations of the situation. It is especially characteristic of narrow specialists. But suitable for other professions.
3. Moving to a place of residence in another region, the need for time for the arrangement of life.
4. The presence of additional sources of income.
5. Diseases of relatives, the fact of which is documented.
What steps will help find a new job after a long break?
It should be understood that the lack of work for a long period is fraught with a loss of confidence in yourself and your skills as a specialist. The employer begins to look at such people as not knowing enough about the situation in the professional field. Therefore, first of all, you need to gain former confidence.
You can help yourself this way: make a list of questions that are most often asked during interviews and rehearse them with a partner. Before the interview, it is advisable to buy new stylish clothes. A great way to prove to your future employer your professional competency is to take advanced training courses. This will convince the management of any company that a break in work is not wasted.
Before starting a job search, it is advisable to read specialized magazines and other professional literature. It would be nice
ask the experts in the same field about what changes have occurred over the past period. To search for a new job was effective, you should not abandon those interviews on which the salary is lower than the one you expect. This will allow you to develop the skill to correctly answer employers' questions, overcome the fear of refusal and gain self-confidence.
It is important to learn how to make a resume. Find the information you need on the Internet or other sources. The attention of the employer should be focused not on how long you worked, but on what posts and what duties you performed. After the summary is completed, it should be sent to the maximum number of instances. Thus, the chances of finding a decent job will increase significantly.