How to find work after a long break
After a long break in work, finding a new job is always difficult and it is quite possible that the process of finding the next place of employment will not be as fast as we would like. Therefore, at the beginning of this path, it is necessary to decide in advance how you will explain the prolonged period of "rest".
The main valid reasons that it is customary to explain the break in work
Typically, long breaks in work can be justified by the following reasons:
1. Family circumstances. This reason is considered valid for a woman, because according to the law she is given the right to care for a child before reaching 7 years of age. For a man, this justification for a break in seniority will look dubious.
2. Unsuccessful searches. One of the most commonly used explanations for the situation. It is especially characteristic of narrow specialists. But it is suitable for other professions.
3. Moving to a place of residence in another region, the need for time to arrange a life.
4. Availability of additional sources of income.
5. Diseases of relatives, the fact of which is documented.
What steps will help to find a new job after a long break?
It should be understood that the lack of work for a long period is fraught with the loss of self-confidence and your skills as a specialist. The employer begins to look at such people as not having sufficient experience in the professional field. Therefore, first of all, one must gain former confidence.
You can help yourself so: make a list of questions that are most often asked in interviews and answers to them to rehearse with a partner. Before the interview, it is advisable to buy new stylish clothes. A great way to prove to your future employer your professional competence is to pass advanced training courses. This will convince the management of any company that the time of a break in working life has not been spent in vain.
Before starting a job search, it is advisable to read profile magazines and other professional literature. It would be nice
to ask specialists in the same field about what changes took place during the past period. To find a new job was effective, do not give up those interviews, which offer a salary less than the one you are counting on. This will allow you to develop the skill to correctly answer questions from employers, overcome fear of refusal and gain self-confidence.
It is important to learn how to draw up a resume correctly. Find the information you need on the Internet or other sources. Attention of the employer should be emphasized not on the period during which you worked, but on what posts, what duties were performed. After the resume is compiled, it should be sent to the maximum number of instances. Thus, the chances of finding a decent job will increase significantly.