How not to fall asleep at a meeting
In principle, very few people like various meetings, meetings and other collective work arrangements. However, you can not not love and quietly "hatch" them, but you can always doze in front of the authorities, and then experience his anger or guilt. Let's try to learn some methods of fighting sleep at a meeting.
1. Identify issues that deserve your attention.
See the agenda of the meeting in advance, if possible. Think about whether there can be raised questions that concern you personally, your department or a larger unit. If the answer is positive - keep your eyes open, because at such events the fate of your career can sometimes be decided.
2. Analyze the policy of holding meetings in the company.
Each institution holds different meetings: marketing, motivating and others. Often they are collected by all without discrimination and believe that this is useful. Determine which meetings are most useful for you in terms of work and try to get on them, and if possible ignore the others.
3. Properly distribute mental and other energy.
It is clear that an attentive person can be no more than 20 minutes, then concentration drops and fatigue from satiety with information can come. Most of the energy is spent in those moments when you are indignant that you have to sit "at this stupid meeting." Imagine yourself a Buddha and approach it wisely. To do this, use the following tips for classifying meetings:
- if the meeting takes the floor of those who simply admire themselves and clearly demonstrate their dignity, you can safely turn off and think about something important or pleasant;
- on motivational corporate gatherings, especially outside the city, assimilate a few catchy slogans, then later somewhere in time to screw them in, the rest of the time you can relax and relax;
- then the meeting where your boss thinks aloud, do not miss in any case - all your energy and all your brains are useful here: if he asks a question, the answer should be adequate.
4. If meetings can not be avoided, then:
- Try to ask questions and write down the answers. This will raise the energy of the meeting, and everyone will feel more cheerful. Just do not try to ask questions at the beginning of the meeting - perhaps, this will be said in speeches.
- Write down what you are interested in. There are no meetings of absolutely useless - sometimes a random phrase will push to a brilliant idea. Active information acquisition stimulates the brain.
- Invent an interesting way to assimilate information: write down phrases, mark numbers, draw diagrams or images. Some advise to draw caricatures of others.
- If you just do not get enough sleep, you can drink water or stand by the wall and listen to the speakers.
If you know all this and apply it, but the dream still envelops you with a soft cloud at any meeting, you should seriously think about changing the activity. After all, if the business carries away, then it on the contrary gives energy, but does not take away.