How to stay awake at a meeting
In principle, few people like various meetings, meetings, and other collective work activities. However, you can not love and quietly "hatch" them, but you can constantly doze in front of the authorities, and then experience his anger or guilt. Let's try to learn some of the methods of sleep control at the meeting.
1. Identify the issues that deserve your attention.
See the meeting agenda in advance, if possible. Consider whether there may be issues that concern you personally, your department or a larger unit. If the answer is positive - keep your eyes open, because at such events the fate of your career can sometimes be decided.
2. Analyze the company meeting policy.
Each institution holds different meetings: marketing, motivating and others. Often, they collect all indiscriminately and believe that it is useful. Determine which meetings are most useful to you in terms of work and try to get on them and, if possible, ignore others.
3. Distribute mental and other energy correctly.
It is clear that an attentive person can be no more than 20 minutes, then the concentration drops and fatigue from satiety of information can occur. Most of all energy is spent in those moments when you are outraged by the fact that you have to sit "at this stupid meeting." Imagine yourself as a Buddha and approach this wisely. To do this, use the following meeting classification tips:
- if at the meeting those who simply admire themselves and clearly demonstrate their merits take the floor, you can safely switch off and think about something important or pleasant;
- at motivational corporate gatherings, especially outside the city, learn a few catchy slogans, so that you can screw them up somewhere before the time, you can relax and rest;
- that meeting, where your boss thinks out loud, do not miss it in any case - all your energy and all your brains are useful: if he asks a question, the answer must be adequate.
4. If the meeting can not be avoided, then:
- Try to ask questions and record the answers. This will raise the energy of the meeting, and everyone will feel more invigorated. Just do not try to ask questions at the beginning of the meeting - perhaps this will be discussed in the speeches.
- Write down what interests you. There are no meetings at all useless - sometimes a random phrase will push to a brilliant idea. Actively receiving information stimulates the brain.
- Think of an interesting way of learning: write phrases, mark numbers, draw diagrams or images. Some advise drawing cartoons on those around you.
- If you just do not get enough sleep, you can drink water or stand against the wall and listen to the speakers.
If you know and apply all this, but sleep still shrouds you with a soft cloud at any meeting, you should seriously think about changing activities. After all, if the case is captivating, then it gives the opposite energy, and does not take away.