How to secure a career
It often happens that a good specialist is sitting in the same place for a long time, without any improvement in his career, while younger colleagues have already risen two or three steps higher than him. What could be the snag? Psychologists say that the reason lies in human behavior.
What mistakes prevent a person from making a successful career?
1. He does not advertise his own work. You can achieve fantastic results in work, but if no one knows about this, then no one can appreciate your activity. So, there will be no addition of points to the reputation, the salary will not grow and the career will stall. Look at the more successful colleagues: they certainly report to the authorities about all their achievements, even seemingly insignificant at first glance.
2. He uses defensive behavior. When you hear criticism of yourself - how do you react to it? Take a defensive position, begin to defend and defend? You should know - at this moment you are putting an end to your career, because many people will not want to deal with someone who cannot calmly respond to comments. As a result, the authorities will accept how you work, stop giving you advice on how to improve your work and will not consider you as a candidate for promotion.
3. He commits rash actions. Impulsive decisions are very harmful to your career: you jumped out of the office because of a sharp replica of the boss, in a sharp form refused to go on a business trip or go to another job. This suggests that emotions go ahead of the mind, and such people cannot be responsible for a large area of work, especially for other people. Therefore, career growth will not be here either.
4. He is afraid He is afraid to “stick out” and thinks that by this he deserves a positive reputation. However, indecision rather negatively affects the career. If you are firmly convinced that the wrong decision has been made or the project of the department is moving towards a disastrous end, feel free to talk about it, because it benefits all. Do not be afraid to say that you deserve a salary increase long ago, if you are sure of it. Do not expect that the boss himself will guess, because it is in your interests. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, because people learn from mistakes. They say that for the broken two unbeaten give - so important experience in the work. And an experienced employee, who went through all the stages of success and failure with the whole team, is highly valued.
5. He does not like to work in a team. Nowadays, in all institutions and firms, the collective spirit and ability to replace other employees is highly valued. Therefore, if you try to live in isolation, you can “fall out of the stream,” which means fall out of sight of the authorities. One who is not seen, is not promoted along the career ladder. It is not necessary to strive to become the soul of the company, but there should be an elementary interest in the life of the collective.
6. He does not raise professional level. He does not read special journals, is not interested in innovations in his field and therefore cannot support the conversation on this topic. This is a blatant mistake that will lead to a catastrophic decline in your reputation and the inability to get a promotion in the near future.