How to secure career growth
It often happens that a good specialist sits in the same place for a long time, without improving his career, while younger colleagues have already climbed two or three steps above him. In what there can be a snag? Psychologists say that the reason lies in the behavior of a person.
What mistakes prevent a person from making a successful career?
1. He does not advertise his own work. You can achieve fantastic results in work, but if no one learns about it, then no one will be able to evaluate your activity. So, there will be no adding points to the reputation, the salary will not grow and the career will be stalled. Take a closer look at the more successful colleagues: they will certainly report to their superiors about all their achievements, even seemingly insignificant at first glance.
2. He uses defensive behavior When you hear criticism in your address - how do you react to it? Do you take a defensive position, start defending yourself and making excuses? Know - at this moment you are putting an end to your career, because with someone who can not react calmly to comments, many people will not want to deal. As a result, the bosses will put up with how you work, stop giving you advice on how to improve your work and will no longer consider you as a candidate for promotion.
3. He makes rash actions Impulsive decisions are very detrimental to the career: you jumped out of the office because of a sharp replica of the boss, sharply refused to go on a business trip or move to another workplace. This suggests that emotions are ahead of the mind, and such people can not be responsible for a large area of work, especially for other people. Therefore, there will not be a career growth here either.
4. He is afraid. He is afraid to "stick out" and thinks that this deserves a positive reputation. However, indecision rather negatively affects the career. If you are firmly convinced that an incorrect decision has been made or the department's project is moving towards a catastrophic end - speak boldly about it, because it is good for everyone. Do not be afraid to say that you have long deserved a salary increase, if you are sure of it. Do not expect the boss to guess, it's in your best interest. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, because people learn from mistakes. They say that for the beaten two unbeaten give - so important is the experience in the work. And an experienced employee who has passed with all the teams all the stages of success and failure is valued very highly.
5. He does not like to work in a team Nowadays in all institutions and firms the collective spirit and ability to replace other employees are highly valued. Therefore, if you try to live in isolation, you can "fall out of the stream", and therefore - fall out of the field of vision of the authorities. The one who is not seen, is not promoted on the career ladder. It is not necessary to strive to become the soul of the company, but an elementary interest in the life of the collective should be.
6. It does not improve the professional level. He does not read special magazines, is not interested in innovations in his field and therefore can not support a conversation on this topic. This is a blatant mistake that will lead to a catastrophic fall in your reputation and the impossibility of getting promoted in the near future.