How to pay leave for child care up to 3 years
- - Federal Law “On Compulsory Social Insurance for Temporary Disability and in connection with Maternity” No. 255-ФЗ dated December 29, 2006;
- - an application for the provision of parental leave for a child up to 3 years old;
- - application for payment of benefits;
- - A copy of the birth certificate of the child;
- - certificate from the workplace of the father about the non-receipt of benefits.
During the parental leave in the first 1.5 years, the employee is paid an allowance from the Social Insurance Fund of the Russian Federation. Over the next 1.5 years, as a rule, payments are not made.
To document the benefits, ask the employee who gave birth to the following documents:
- an application for the provision of parental leave for a child up to 3 years old;
- application for payment of benefits;
- A copy of the child's birth certificate;
- a certificate from the father’s place of work that he did not receive childcare benefits.
Since 2011, the amount of monthly payments is calculated on the basis of average earnings for the last 24 months before the onset of maternity leave. Previously, the calculation was made on the basis of the average monthly salary for 1 year. However, in 2012, the worker has the right to choose the method of calculating benefits, depending on which option, old or new, is more profitable for her materially.
Accruing childcare benefits under the new scheme, calculate the total amount of employee salaries for the last 2 years. Consider that the maximum amount of annual income in 2010 was 415,000 rubles, and since 2011 it has been increased to 463,000 rubles.
The next step is to determine the average daily earnings: divide the total amount of total income by 730. Then calculate the average monthly wage by multiplying the average daily earnings by 30.4 - the amount denoting the average number of days in a month and established by law. Next, multiply the average monthly salary by 40%, and in the end you will receive the amount of benefits owed to the employee.
In the event that the employee chose the former procedure for calculating benefits, calculate her average daily earnings by dividing the total amount of income for 12 months by the number of calendar days for which salary was calculated. Exclude from the calculation the periods during which the employee did not work due to illness, were on vacation, etc.
Please note that the minimum allowance must be at least 2,326 rubles for the birth of the first child and 4,652 rubles for the second and subsequent children. The maximum amount of payments under the old scheme is 13,833 rubles, and the new one is 14,625 rubles.