How to organize the work of an accountant
Please note: even if an accountant (or chief accountant) is found guilty in financial problems arising at your company, the manager will have to answer to the fullest extent of the law.
If you only organize the work of the enterprise and recruit the staff recruit the accounting staff is not "on acquaintance", and on personal and professional qualities, many of which you can identify during the interview. Interview with guest expert from the audit firm, since in our time the certificate should not be trusted.
Install accountant probation (chief accountant, this period may be extended up to 6 months). Contact before the first submission of reports new employee to the accounting firm so they conducted a rapid inspection of records.
Provide accounting staff with suitable working conditions, including:
- providing employees with modern PCs and office equipment;
- equipping the PC with the latest versions of the program "1C: Accounting";
- the possibility of direct communication with the programmer and system administrator to adapt "1C: Accounting" to the needs of your organization;
- providing a dedicated Internet line to optimize the process of working with the Bank-Client program;
- ensuring direct access to the latest legislative and legal acts;
- subscription to periodicals in the specialty.
Each accountant should be solely responsible for their part of the work, and the chief accountant should coordinate and direct it, selectively checking the work of employees from time to time.
Make sure that the balance sheet is compiled monthly, and not quarterly. This will help to track the movement of funds. Pay special attention to how the primary documentation is drawn up.