How to improve production efficiency
Western methods of management tend to standardize processes, regulate them and force staff to work on these regulations. Such methods exclude the management feedback from subordinates, management rarely happens in production and is not interested in the opinion of workers, and consequently the production works inefficiently. And the workers can not change the situation.
To create in the team an atmosphere of continuous improvement of the quality of work, employees should be sure: - that the management is always interested in the opinion of all employees of the company,
- that each employee is personally responsible for his work and has the right to offer improvements,
- that all changes in production will be discussed and taken strictly collectively,
- and that the initiative will always be encouraged. With such support for the transformation and focus on the entire management system, workers will themselves seek to improveefficiencyproduction It is also important that employees are confident of their future. The director should assure subordinates that even in difficult times the company will not fire employees. That every employee is invaluable to the enterprise. Such guarantees are especially relevant after the past economic crisis and mass layoffs due to it. Another incentive is the opportunity to get a higher qualification in the enterprise. Together with the stimulation of the pursuit of career growth, it increases the quality of work, its productivity and reduces the expenditure of time.
To reduce marriage, you need to do the following: - collect and analyze all causes of marriage;
- to identify the main products by which the marriage occurs frequently, and the main stagesproduction. where it occurs;
- to interview all workers associated with the release of substandard products for: how to eliminate defects;
- create a plan of measures to improve the quality of products;
- to amend the technology of the necessary production processes;
- create instructions and recommendations for improving the quality of products, if necessary, detail the production procedures;
- improve the motivation system for employees to eliminate marriage;
- if necessary, conduct training and certification of employees and even management.
All these measures must necessarily be carried out with the direct participation of the collective of workers.
The introduction of leanproduction. which means that every worker should strive to perform his work faster, better and with minimum labor costs. First, it is necessary to create working groups to accelerate the exchange of information between the management and the work collective and eliminate distortions and delays in the receipt of information. Working groups should consist of representatives from all departments and meet regularly to resolve daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Each group should decide the issue at its own level, regulate it and present a ready decision to the head. The group's decisions related to improving efficiencyproduction. must immediately be implemented. And the responsibility for their implementation should be held by the middle management. Secondly, it is necessary to rationally use the workplaces. This means that there should be free space around the worker, no obstacles to his movements, rationally designed passages between the machines and shops. This will increase the utilization rate of equipment, save time and costs, free up production areas and reduce losses when moving. Thirdly, it is necessary to change the types of activities (introduce staff rotation). This will introduce workers to related processes, clearly demonstrates what happens when defective products fall into the next shop. Workers can, when communicating, jointly solve cross-functional problems and eliminate them. The staff is disciplined, understands what brakes production and which specialists are reworking each other's work. Fourthly, the introduction of a system for the care of equipment and a workplace reduces the adjustment time, reduces the risk of an accident and increases safetyproduction. As a result of a careful attitude, the equipment utilization ratio reaches its maximum value.