How to hold a meeting
In order to hold a meeting and it was successful, you need to properly organize and prepare it. It is advisable to inform in advance about it, so that others can prepare.
There are several main types of meetings: problem solving, decision making, report, exchange of opinions and feedback. It is necessary to understand two main:
- Solution. The type of meeting in which the problem is identified, and then find ways to solve it.
- Decision-making. The type of the meeting in which a particular decision is chosen for subsequent implementation.
The decision can be unanimous, be chosen by voting or be based on the opinion of specific individuals. Most often these are managers, experienced employees or major shareholders (if any).
In order to properly hold a meeting, you must prepare in advance and decide:
- who and how can help in making a decision;
- in which room it will be conducted;
- how long it will take;
- what equipment is needed for the conduct.
There are several schemes of the meeting. For example, in a democratic society, more acceptable and indicative of the voting system. Although, as practice shows, the decision taken by the leader is more sustainable and takes less time for self acceptance. It is important to remember that the debate is not really the preferred scheme. Their duration is directly proportional to the subject. That is, the simpler and clearer the question, the longer will continue the discussion. So, there is a risk that the decision will be delayed indefinitely.
Also, there are several unshakable, auxiliary rules:
- The meeting should start on time. Wards, who are always late, you can give some assignment. In this way - to motivate.
- To be interested in the beginning of the meeting - will everyone be able to stay until the end. If not, ask the reason. This will reduce the temptation of negligent employees to go to the end.
- Write down the questions on the board. This will save you from unnecessary repetition.
- Listen to all suggested ideas. Do not allow someone to disrespectfully dominate.
- If someone with his unacceptable behavior violates the course of the meeting - ask to retire. Then again, continue the meeting.