How to conduct a meeting
In order to hold the meeting and it was successful, it is necessary to properly organize and prepare. It is desirable to report such incidents to be able to prepare and other.
There are several basic types of meetings: problem solving, decision making, report, exchange of opinions and feedback. It is necessary to understand two basic:
- The solution to the problem. Type of the meeting, when determining the problem and then find solutions.
- Decision-making. The type of meeting in which choose the specific solution for implementation.
The decision may be unanimous, selected by vote or based on the opinion of individuals. most Often it is supervisors, experienced employees or major shareholders (if any).
In order to properly host the meeting are kindly requested to prepare and solve:
- who and how can help in the decision
- the room in which it will be conducted
- how long will it take
- what equipment is needed for holding.
There are several schemes of the meeting. For example, in a democratic society, more acceptable and indicative of the voting system. Although, as practice shows, the decision taken by the leader is more sustainable and takes less time for self acceptance. It is important to remember that the debate is not really the preferred scheme. Their duration is directly proportional to the subject. That is, the simpler and clearer the question, the longer will continue the discussion. So, there is a risk that the decision will be delayed indefinitely.
Also, there is some firm, subsidiary rules:
- The meeting should start on time. Wards that are late all the time, you can give some task. Thus to motivate.
- Interested in first meetings – all to be able to stay until the end. If not — ask why. This will reduce the temptation of careless employees to leave before the end.
- Write questions on the Board. This will eliminate unnecessary repetition.
- To listen to all the proposed ideas. Not give the opportunity to someone disrespectful to dominate.
- If any of his unacceptable behaviour disrupts the meeting – ask them to leave. Then again, to continue the meeting.