How to create a business card
The first business cards appeared in the XVII century in Europe. The members of the royal families sent them to their vassals to announce their imminent visit. Later, business cards began to replace the real visit - they were left to show their attention to the addressee. In addition, with their help, congratulations on the holiday, expressed condolences or gratitude, reported the desire to meet.
Currently, business cards are exchanged during business acquaintances and used to form business connections. Usually they are handed in on acquaintance as a gesture of courtesy to introduce themselves. At parting, the business card is handed as confirmation of the mutual intention to continue further communication.
You can make a business card of several types:
- personal business card - you can afford everything you want, reflect all your wishes, personal business information is placed on such business card in the amount that it considers necessary, phone numbers, addresses, occupation, etc .;
- business card - a strict style business card, it must contain the name, position and degree, work and mobile phones, faxes, corporate email address, website; the corporate style must be strictly observed;
- corporate business card - a business card of an approved sample with information about the company; it leaves space for information about the employee — his work phones and positions; if necessary, new copies are quickly printed for new employees.
How to create a successful business card
What you need to consider to create a business card that will serve you faithfully? We need to make it so that it:
- not lost quickly appearance;
- attracted attention at the time of delivery;
- it was interesting not to be thrown away immediately;
- reminded of you and your enterprise;
- easily stood out in a business card holder among others;
- contained a maximum of the necessary information, avoiding all superfluous.
In the process of creating a business card, it is desirable to use a lot of variations with its components: the material, the shape and size of the business card, the background color or background image, the location of the inscriptions, the types and colors of the fonts, the logo layout, the overall layout of the content, the application options (embossing, printing, silk-screen printing and .e.), volumetric elements and so on.
In addition to cardboard, depending on the business sector, you can make a business card from plastic, metal, foil, film, fabric, leather, mica, plexiglass, velvet paper.
The background image may reflect the specifics of your activity, for example, the breadcrumb drawing, if you are engaged in baking.
The location of the inscriptions on the business card also depends on the specifics of the business - bank employees must comply with the conservative style, and the original card must represent the artist.
Fonts are better to use easily readable and no more than 3 per business card, so as not to create problems when reading. It is even better to use a unique corporate font, created just for you.
In the size of the business card it is better to follow the standard, otherwise your business card will be thrown out, cut off or bent, in this case the information on it may suffer. You can play on the form of a card - make rounded corners or perforated edges.
All these variations make it possible to make your business card unique, memorable, which is what is required of it in the end.