How to create a business card
The first business cards appeared in the XVII century in Europe. Members of the royal families sent them to their vassals to inform them of their imminent visit. Later business cards began to replace a real visit - they were left to show their attention to the addressee. In addition, with their help congratulated on the holiday, expressed condolences or gratitude, informed of the desire to get acquainted.
Currently, business cards are exchanged during business acquaintances and used to form business ties. Usually they are handed at acquaintance as a gesture of courtesy to present themselves. At farewell, the business card is presented as a confirmation of mutual intention to continue further communication.
You can make a business card of several types:
- personal business card - in it you can afford everything you want, reflect all your wishes, on such business card the personal information about the owner is placed in the volume that he considers necessary - phones, addresses, occupation, etc .;
- business card - a business card of a strict style, it should include name, title and degree, working and mobile phones, faxes, corporate email address, website; it is necessary to strictly observe the corporate style;
- corporate business card - a business card of the approved sample with information about the company, it leaves room for information about the employee - his work phone numbers and positions, if necessary, the necessary print run for the new employees is necessary.
How to create a successful business card
What you need to consider in order to create a business card that will serve you faithfully? We need to make it so that it:
- not lost quickly appearance;
- attracted attention at the time of delivery;
- was interesting, so that it would not be thrown away at once;
- reminded of you and your company;
- easily stood out in the business card among others;
- contained a maximum of the necessary information, avoiding all unnecessary.
In the process of creating a business card, it is desirable to use a variety of variations with its components: the material, the shape and size of the business card, the background color or wallpaper, the location of the inscriptions, the types and colors of the fonts, the location of the logo, the general layout of the content, the application options (embossing, printing, silkscreen and etc.), volumetric elements and so on.
In addition to cardboard, depending on the sphere of business, you can make a business card made of plastic, metal, foil, film, fabric, leather, mica, plexiglas, velvet paper.
The background image may reflect the specifics of your activity, for example, the bread crumb pattern, if you are engaged in baking.
The location of the inscriptions on the business card also depends on the specifics of the business - bank employees must observe a conservative style, and the artist must present the original card.
Fonts are better to use easily readable and not more than 3 per business card, so as not to create problems when reading. It is even better to use a unique corporate font, created just for you.
In the size of business cards it is better to observe the standard, otherwise your business card will be thrown out, trimmed or bent, in this case the information on it may suffer. You can also play on the form of the card - to make rounded corners or perforated edges.
All these variations make it possible to make your business card unique, memorable, which is required of it in the end.