How to become a newspaper correspondent
The correspondent must be sociable, mobile and constantly need to communicate with people of different levels, different professions. Starting with the head of administration of a city or district and ending with the mechanic in remote rural areas. Each of them can become the hero of the article, to tell the news to share, or a hearing. You should be able to gain the trust of almost everyone, otherwise people will not open up to an interviewer and will not give the desired information.
To be a journalist, you need to have a number of specific personal qualities, but also in education. Even if you are an agronomist by training, but man thinking, thinking, creative, smart, able to become a reporter.
If you are a romantic, then you will like such an interesting reporter work. Business trips, business meetings, creative life. And people, people, people.
So, to become a correspondent, you need:
- Have a predisposition to the profession
- Have a higher education
- Be able to communicate with people
- Write a short article on a current topic and show it to the editor of the newspaper. If your city several revisions, show your creation everywhere. If you have some other creative work (maybe you write poetry or prose), attach them to your post.
- Do not forget to make a competent resume, with which the doors of any edition will be open before you.
- Do not take local editors? Try to work remotely. In a network often there are jobs to remote journalists. For example, you live in a "hot spot" or the place of fulfillment of some important event. Feel free to suggest yourself!
Good luck on your creative path!