How to become a psychologist
Being a psychologist is an art that unites the ability to listen to a person and to reveal the true cause of his problem. But the most important skill for the psychologist is empathy. Empathy - the ability to empathize, the ability to stand in his place. There is also an opinion that it is impossible to become a psychologist, this is a gift that is not given to everyone.
The profession of psychologist has recently become increasingly popular. As a science, psychology includes many areas. Also distinguished and specialty psychologists:
- Educational psychologist. He works in the field of education. It helps children to get used to unfamiliar surroundings, tests children for readiness for school and works with problem children. Psychologists also have a lot of work at school. They select first-graders, carry out correctional-developmental work, carry out all sorts of trainings, and also engage in vocational guidance of high school students.
- Clinical psychologist. It is indispensable in the service of care for oncological patients, HIV-infected. A clinical psychologist is designed to help people cope with stress, monitor their health. Also, if necessary, it is his responsibility to include in the treatment of a sick neurologist and psychiatrist.
- A psychologist can also be useful in business and politics.
To become a psychologist, you must have the following qualities:
- have a humanitarian mindset;
- be sociable;
- have such qualities as patience and benevolence;
- be able to empathize;
- be focused on continuous self-development and self-education.
But if you are an inattentive, unbalanced person who does not listen to the problems of other people, you better abandon this venture.
Psychologists work in psychological centers, private consulting firms, in medical and educational institutions. In addition, almost every commercial company has a full-time psychologist. Initially, a young specialist needs to work for a low salary on a helpline, in a school, kindergarten, or at a state psychological center. Then, having gained valuable experience, you can go to work as a manager for organizing seminars and trainings. And then choose what suits you best: a psychological specialized service, coaching or your own company.