How to become a psychologist
To be a psychologist – the art of combining the ability to listen to the person, and identify the true cause of his problem. But the most important skill for a psychologist is empathy. Empathy – the capacity for empathy, the ability to stand in his place. There is also a view that becoming a psychologist is impossible, is a gift that is not given to everyone.
The profession of psychologist is lately becoming more popular. As the science of psychology includes many areas. Also produce and specialty psychologists:
- Teacher-psychologist. He works in the field of education. Helps kids get used to unfamiliar surroundings, testing children for school readiness and works with troubled kids. School psychologists also have a lot of work. They take first-graders, conduct correctional and developing work, spend all kinds of trainings, and are also engaged in vocational guidance of high school students.
- Clinical psychologist. It is indispensable in the service of helping cancer patients, HIV-infected people. A clinical psychologist aims to help people cope with stress, monitor their health status. Also, if necessary, his duty is to be connected to the patient treatment neurologist and psychiatrist.
- The psychologist, in addition, can be useful in business and politics.
In order to become a psychologist, you should possess the following qualities:
- to have humanitarian mind
- to be sociable
- to possess such qualities as patience and kindness
- to be able to empathize
- to focus on continuous self-development and self-education.
But if you are not careful, unbalanced person, who does not listen to other people's problems, you better abandon this idea.
Psychologists work in psychological centers, private firms dealing with business, medical and educational institutions. In addition, almost every commercial company has a staff psychologist. Initially, the young specialist is required to work for a low salary at the helpline, school, kindergarten or state psychological center. Then, having gained valuable experience, you can go to work as a Manager for the organization of seminars and trainings. And then have to choose what suits you best: psychological service specialised coaching or a private firm.