How to become a psychologist
Being a psychologist is an art that unites and the ability to listen to a person, and to reveal the true cause of his problem. But the most important skill for a psychologist is empathy. Empathy - the ability to empathy, the ability to take its place. There is also an opinion that it is impossible to become a psychologist, this is a gift that is not given to everyone.
The profession of psychologist has recently become more popular. As a science, psychology includes many directions. Also highlight and specialties of psychologists:
- Teacher-psychologist. He works in the field of education. Helps to get used to kids to unfamiliar surroundings, tests children for readiness for school and works with problem children. At school, psychologists also have a lot of work. They select first-graders, conduct correctional and development work, conduct all kinds of trainings, and also engage in vocational guidance for high school students.
- Clinical psychologist. He is indispensable in the service of assisting severe oncological patients, HIV-infected. A clinical psychologist is called upon to help people, cope with stress, monitor their health. Also, if necessary, his job is to connect a neurologist and a psychiatrist with the treatment.
- The psychologist, in addition, can be useful in business and politics.
In order to become a psychologist, you must have the following qualities:
- have a humanitarian mindset;
- be sociable;
- have such qualities as patience and goodwill;
- to be able to empathize;
- be aimed at constant self-development and self-education.
But if you are an inconsiderate, unbalanced person who does not listen to the problems of other people, you better abandon this venture.
Psychologists work in psychological centers, private firms engaged in counseling, in medical and educational institutions. In addition, virtually every commercial company has a full-time psychologist. Initially, a young specialist needs to work for a low salary on a trust phone, in a school, a kindergarten or in a state psychological center. Then, having gained valuable experience, you can go to work as a manager for organizing seminars and trainings. And then you have to choose what suits you best: psychological specialized service, coaching or own company.