How to become a journalist
You should not be a journalist if:
- You just want to shine in society, for example, to interview celebrities or to shine on TV screens. Unfortunately, only in rare cases, such fanaticism leads to a good result.
- You are interested in only one subject in which you are perfectly versed.
- You can be called a touchy and vulnerable person.
- You do not want to take on difficult tasks, and you literally dream of being a celebrity from the very first days of work and receive decent fees.
- You are a lazy and difficult-going person.
Where can I learn journalism?
You can choose the main universities many institutions engaged in the training of professional journalists. However, this profession is not so important is the profile of the institution: much more importance is your commitment and talent. There are many educational courses that will help you gain the essential skills of this profession. It will also be helpful to learn from your friends, experienced journalists (if any): ask their opinion on how you can become a journalist. Most importantly — never be timid and to ask questions, to learn accurately and clearly to formulate them.
The main qualities of a promising journalist
The most important quality that distinguishes a good journalist – high performance and, of course, talent. Together these qualities pave you the way to successful mastery of the profession. Most currently known and highly successful journalists began their journey with simple tasks, fulfilling the orders of senior colleagues. It is also important to have confidence in themselves and in their capabilities. It's important to understand that your labor is not in vain, and all that you have done, sure someone will like it and useful. Another important quality for a journalist — the ability to communicate freely and easily with people, and the ability to always be responsible for their words. If you interview, the person should be fully disclosed before you want to tell you everything that interests you, so you also will not prevent the knowledge of fundamentals of psychology.
Having mastered the basics of journalism, start calling round all the editorial and TV companies you are interested in, offering your work. You can also advertise on the Internet.