How to successfully pass an interview by phone
If an unsuccessfully filled resume can simply be rewritten, the wrong word in the interview, especially if it is a phone call, can reduce all career plans to zero.
What do you need to know about the interview by phone?
A distinctive feature of the phone interview – no eye contact. We are so accustomed to trust my eyes, which sometimes don't believe the speeches. But in this situation we may not like the employer externally, then come to the rescue of the English language.
Not every one of us has a unique voice, but often this is not required. Phone interview is a preliminary probing of the situation. The conversation included not only important information but also personal emotions on both sides. Talking with the direct employer or his assistant, you need to make an impression. But what should be this impression?
Good idea to take into account the specifics of the selected works. If you get a job where you have frequent business negotiations, without any knowledge of business etiquette, including telephone, can not do. But if in the workplace you have to communicate with the elderly and disabled, then you need the touch of compassion, the ability to translate the conversation in the right direction, to gently persuade. It is you who must demonstrate with the first sentence of the conversation.
What does the employer pay attention to?
1. Punctuality, in case of a preliminary agreement about the call.
2. Adequacy and manner of conversation of the applicant.
4. Ability to listen and express their thoughts.
5. Confidence in the voice, awareness of one's own intentions.
6. Interest in the vacancy.
7. Conformity of the desired position.
If the employer calls himself
When you call yourself, then there is time to get ready internally and get ready to talk, but what if the call sounded at an unexpected moment? Here, four postulates will come to the aid:
Specify the purpose of the call and immediately give an answer on the merits. Do not say more, it is better for a few seconds hold a conversation, do not interrupt the interlocutor. Don't be afraid of pauses. In case if an unexpected call caught you in the wrong place, do not be afraid to carry the conversation: offer to call back later or at a specific time. If you are interested in this call, discard immediately.
What is important to do during a conversation?
Another feature of the telephone conversation is its brevity. Usually, no more than 20 minutes are allocated for the interview, and sometimes only 5-7. During this time it is desirable to do the following:
- find out details about the vacancy;
- decide whether you are suitable for such a position;
- If there are big doubts, it is better to immediately refrain from continuing the negotiations;
- specify the exact work schedule, amount and schedule of remuneration;
- find out the correct name of the organization, its address and contact details;
- ask the name of the person with whom you are talking;
- discuss the place and time of the meeting for further interview;
- Ask the name of the person who will be at the meeting;
- If you doubt the exact location of the address, do not hesitate to ask the district or other landmark;
- to understand whether this is real work or another scam.
A few more tips
Make a list of questions that you need answers, and a list of questions to ask you. Determine for yourself the time when you are free for a further interview. Learn in time to say no, don't be afraid to ask if something is not understood the first time. Is set and the atmosphere in the room. Choose a place where no one will disturb you, sit comfortably at the table, prepare a notebook, make sure that your phone. And remember that even if you are refused, it is still the result, at least you have the experience of a phone interview.