How to get a job in a taxi
What is necessary to work in a taxi
Before settling down in a taxi, you need to decide whether you will work on your car or on a company provided.
In the first case, you will need radio equipment and license for taxi (it is usually issued free of charge by the Department of transport). License in the future can save you from problems with the tax and traffic police.
Some companies provide their drivers the radio, sometimes they can offer to buy them at their own expense. In addition, the vehicle taxi driver must be equipped with taximeter and the special light sign. It is worth considering that if you wish to work in the firm, and yourself, you need to get the IP, and pay the legal costs.
Requirements for taxi drivers
So, have you already decided which cab company you want to get a job as a driver. Remember that in any serious firm, whether it is a taxi cab company or taxi dispatcher you need to pass an interview. Many companies recruit only those who have driving experience not less than 3-6 years. Usually this point is directly indicated in the job advertisement.
At the same time, for you it will be a big plus if:
- you have a driving license of the required category (driver's license category B);
- your driving experience is not less than 5 years;
- your age is not less than 25 years;
- you are perfectly guided by the terrain on which your route will begin to lie;
- you have experience working in other taxi companies and there are good recommendations;
- you have a certificate from a psychiatrist and an expert in narcology, confirming that you are not registered with them;
- you were not brought to criminal or administrative responsibility;
- you did not get into serious accidents before;
- you know how to use DVRs, GPS-navigators, etc. Knowledge of the terrain is necessary not only for taxi companies for the transportation of passengers, but also for transport companies for the delivery of goods.
In addition, the big advantages will be such qualities as a neat appearance, courtesy, punctuality and decency.
However, it is worth considering that different taxi firms have their own personnel requirements. Somewhere the age was not important and the experience needed is 3 years old, and somewhere you will also need to know a foreign language. Which company is most advantageous to get — you decide. Do not forget that working in a taxi sometimes is dangerous, it requires the driver to cope with stress and certain knowledge of human psychology.