How to get a job in a taxi
What you need to work in a taxi
Before you get a taxi, you need to decide on whether you will work on your car or on a given firm.
In the first case, you will need radio equipment and license for taxi (it is usually issued free of charge by the Department of transport). License in the future can save you from problems with the tax and traffic police.
Some companies provide their drivers the radio, sometimes they can offer to buy them at their own expense. In addition, the vehicle taxi driver must be equipped with taximeter and the special light sign. It is worth considering that if you wish to work in the firm, and yourself, you need to get the IP, and pay the legal costs.
Requirements for taxi drivers
So, have you already decided which cab company you want to get a job as a driver. Remember that in any serious firm, whether it is a taxi cab company or taxi dispatcher you need to pass an interview. Many companies recruit only those who have driving experience not less than 3-6 years. Usually this point is directly indicated in the job advertisement.
In this case, you will be a big plus if:
- you have a driver's license of the desired category (driver's license of category B);
- Your driving experience not less than 5 years;
- Your age is at least 25 years old;
- you are perfectly guided by the terrain, which will run your route;
- you have experience in other taxi companies and have good recommendations;
- you have a certificate from a psychiatrist and a narcologist, confirming that you are not registered with them;
- you are not subject to criminal or administrative liability;
- you did not get into serious accidents earlier;
- you know how to use DVRs, GPS-navigators, etc. Knowledge of the terrain is necessary not only for taxi companies to transport passengers, but also for transport companies for the delivery of goods.
In addition, the big advantages will be such qualities as a neat appearance, politeness, punctuality and decency.
However, it is worth considering that different taxi firms have their own personnel requirements. Somewhere the age was not important and the experience needed is 3 years old, and somewhere you will also need to know a foreign language. Which company is most advantageous to get — you decide. Do not forget that working in a taxi sometimes is dangerous, it requires the driver to cope with stress and certain knowledge of human psychology.