What are the duties of the Human Resources Inspector?
The primary duty of the inspector of the personnel Department — work with documents. There was a time when he was engaged in document management, records management, interviewed when applying for a job, perform the functions of Supervisory authority for the protection of labour, the company solved management issues with the heads of departments.
When there was a distribution of roles between all employees of the personnel service, the job description set out the duties, rights and responsibilities that the personnel inspector bears.
A thorough approach to the design of documents and verification of the correctness of their filling - that's what distinguishes an experienced professional personnel management.
Three "whales" of cadre work
Knowledge, without which the inspector of the personnel department simply can not do:
1. The Labor Code and its recent amendments (amendments).
2. Rules for maintaining and storing work books, making work record forms and providing employers with them.
3. The program "1C: Salary and Personnel Management" (state institutions operate on the platform "1C: Salary and Personnel").
Accordingly, these three parameters must be known in perfection.
What should a staff inspector be able to do?
1. To form personal files for each employee.
2. To issue orders for reception, transfer, dismissal.
3. To fill out, keep records and keep labor books in accordance with labor legislation.
4. Keep records of the provision of regular holidays at the enterprise.
5. Monitor the observance of the vacation schedule.
6. To issue orders for the granting of leave without pay.
7. Report on the quantitative and qualitative composition of employees.
8. Prepare all the necessary documents for the registration of employees for retirement.
9. Daily enter the actual data in the time sheet.
10. Fill out the sick leaves.
11. Analyze the reasons for the dismissal of employees.
12. Prepare documents for deposit in the archive.
13. To monitor the observance of labor discipline in the workplace, etc. etc.
This list can be continued indefinitely. Everything depends on the company's internal standards and its personnel policy.
The qualities that an HR inspector should have
The specificity of the work of the inspector of the personnel Department is the proper paperwork and properly stored. Therefore, the inspector of the personnel Department should be attentive, responsible, diligent. But it's not just paperwork.
The inspector of the personnel department should be able to observe the formalities. But for every paper, do not forget about the employees.
Be always pleasant in communicating with your colleagues!