How much does the employer and the employment center pay after the dismissal
Payments by the employer
In article 178 of the Labour Code stipulates that in the event of liquidation of organization or staff reduction, the employer is obliged after retirement to pay for 2 months severance pay in the amount of average salary. The payment benefit is provided if a former employee during the period he could not find a job. As the document confirming the status of an unemployed person, the employer must provide a work book.
The employer is obliged to pay severance pay and 3 months of the dismissed employee, but under certain conditions. The conditions are as follows: if within two weeks the dismissed employee gets registered in the employment center, and within 2 months he was not employed, it is sufficient to provide the former place of work work book and a certificate from the employment office confirming the status of unemployed. Severance pay dismissed workers in the first month after dismissal is paid without fail, even if the former employee has already found a new job.
The law also provides for cases of dismissal in which the severance pay is paid in the amount of a two-week average monthly salary:
- the employee’s refusal to transfer to another position;
- disagreement of the employee with the transfer to another locality, or refusal to work with the changed conditions stipulated in the employment contract;
- complete loss of ability to work for health reasons, confirmed by a medical certificate.
Employment Center Payments
If a person shortly after his dismissal did not manage to find a new job, he should contact the employment service of the population, which should provide him with unemployment benefit during the search for a new job.
The amount of benefit is reviewed annually by the Government of the Russian Federation. In 2014, the minimum benefit for the unemployed paid by the state labor exchange is 850 rubles, and the maximum - 4,900 rubles (in Ukraine - 4,782 hryvnia).
Allowance unemployed who quit for a good cause, is calculated from the average wage in the last job, but on the condition that the unemployed person during the last 26 weeks has been a constant earnings.
Unemployment benefit is paid for a year, after which a half-year payment break occurs. Payment is made as follows:
- the first 3 months, the amount of the benefit is 75% of the average monthly salary;
- the next 4 months the amount of the payment decreases to 60% of the salary;
- The last 5 months, the benefit is paid in the amount of 45%. The amount of unemployment benefits can be increased by a coefficient that is set for individual regions, for example, for the regions of the Far North.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that the allowance cannot exceed the maximum established by law, which in 2014 is 4900 rubles.