How much the employer pays and the employment center after the dismissal
In article 178 of the Labour Code stipulates that in the event of liquidation of organization or staff reduction, the employer is obliged after retirement to pay for 2 months severance pay in the amount of average salary. The payment benefit is provided if a former employee during the period he could not find a job. As the document confirming the status of an unemployed person, the employer must provide a work book.
The employer is obliged to pay severance pay and 3 months of the dismissed employee, but under certain conditions. The conditions are as follows: if within two weeks the dismissed employee gets registered in the employment center, and within 2 months he was not employed, it is sufficient to provide the former place of work work book and a certificate from the employment office confirming the status of unemployed. Severance pay dismissed workers in the first month after dismissal is paid without fail, even if the former employee has already found a new job.
Also, the law provides for cases of dismissal, in which severance payments are paid in the amount of a two-week average monthly salary:
- conscription to the army;
- refusal of the employee to transfer to another position;
- disagreement of the employee with transfer to another locality, or refusal to work with the changed conditions stipulated in the employment contract;
- complete loss of ability to work for health reasons, confirmed by medical conclusion.
Payments by the employment center
If a person was not able to find a new job soon after the dismissal, he should apply to the employment service, which should provide him with unemployment benefits while searching for a new job.
The amount of the benefit is annually reviewed by the Government of the Russian Federation. In 2014, the minimum benefit for the unemployed, paid by the state labor exchange, is 850 rubles, and the maximum allowance is 4,900 rubles (in Ukraine - 4782 hryvnia).
Allowance unemployed who quit for a good cause, is calculated from the average wage in the last job, but on the condition that the unemployed person during the last 26 weeks has been a constant earnings.
The unemployment benefit is paid during the year, after which the payment break comes for six months. Payment is made according to the following scheme:
- the first 3 months the amount of the allowance is 75% of the average monthly salary;
- the next 4 months, the size of the payment is reduced to 60% of the salary;
- the last 5 months, the benefit is paid at a rate of 45%. The amount of unemployment benefits can be increased by a factor that is set for individual regions, for example, for the regions of the Far North.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that the allowance can not exceed the maximum established by law, which in 2014 is 4,900 rubles.