Cover letter: how to write it correctly
Information that is not displayed in the summary must be contained in the cover letter. In it, you can write why chose this company for a job, you can give a more detailed explanation of some points of the summary. You need to describe everything in such a way as to draw the attention of employer towards your persona and saw your genuine interest in the position in the company.
Write a cover letter is necessary so that the employer saw you in a favorable light, found in you those professional and personal qualities that most impressed the company. Most of the leaders, first and foremost, meet and assess a cover letter. It must be composed correctly and thoughtfully.
How to write a cover letter, we will sort the points
- When contacting the person who accepts you to work, whether it be the manager or personnel manager, be sure to indicate his name and patronymic
- Be brief, but informative. The size of the cover letter should not exceed one page of the printed text, note that the management will have to read a large number of such letters.
- Be careful not to make mistakes, especially in the name of the manager, as well as the name of the company you are working for.
- Be sure to specify what kind of position interests you, where did you get information about this vacancy.
- Specify information about your education, which institution of higher education
- It would not be superfluous to indicate exactly what this vacancy interested you and why exactly this company is interesting.
- Describe in more detail all the skills you have, especially those that will surely interest the employer, how these skills were applied at the previous place of work
- You can describe one of your previous positions, what skills you gained there, the experience gained.
- At the end of the letter, be sure to thank the employer for the time you were given and notify him of the time interval you will be able to contact him to discuss this issue.
And a few general guidelines on how to write a cover letter:
- Making grammatical mistakes in your letter will adversely affect the overall impression of you.
- Let the finished letter read to one of your acquaintances, who has nothing to do with the company to which you aspire, from the side it is easier to assess the quality of the compilation.
- Remember that, of course, the decisive factor in accepting you to work or not will be a personal conversation with you, but a correctly drafted cover letter can serve as a sort of admission to the interview.